Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My first attempt at Block Lotto


 I am a newbie!



I have now been in Oman for 4 months and found Block Lotto this week.  It looked like fun so I joined up and here are my first 7 blocks.  I think I need to improve my photography techniques as the colours have not come out very well.  I have joined a quilting group here in Oman but there are no meetings during June, July and August as it is so hot most expats go to their home country to stay cool.  I shall be doing same for part of July and most of August! 

I found this patch was a good starting place and tried hard to get the sizes right and the seams straight.  I have quilted things on and off for many years but tend to struggle finishing things if they are taking too long.  This block was great in that respect as it is very quick but effective when pieced together as a lot of the other photos already posted show.

I look forward to the next blocks and possibly winning some?

1 comment:

  1. This way my buddy Wesley Virgin's report begins in this SHOCKING and controversial VIDEO.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he revealed hidden, "SELF MIND CONTROL" secrets that the CIA and others used to obtain whatever they want.

    These are the EXACT same tactics many famous people (notably those who "became famous out of nowhere") and elite business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know that you only use 10% of your brain.

    That's because most of your brain's power is UNTAPPED.

    Maybe that expression has even taken place IN YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head seven years back, while driving an unlicensed, beat-up bucket of a car with a suspended driver's license and with $3 in his pocket.

    "I'm so frustrated with living paycheck to paycheck! When will I finally succeed?"

    You've taken part in those types of thoughts, right?

    Your own success story is going to be written. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S METHOD

    ReplyDelete